Monday, May 05, 2008

Comment moderation update

I've added cyberstalkers who annoy me to my previous policy on comment moderation. A reminder:

I'm fairly tolerant of dissenting opinions but abusive, sexist, racist, or inflammatory language that annoys me, I will not tolerate. If you don't like it, exercise your First Amendment rights at your own blog.

For the record, there are only two persons that I have banned from Haloscan:

1) one from Texas who posted sexist rants on a few different topics using the B-word repeatedly. I disemvowelled his creepy posts.

2) a cyberstalker from Arizona who, today, used a computer from Pima Community College in Tucson and a different name while complaining about the ban. Since I've only banned two people, it was easy to figure out who he was despite the sudden name change.

My next step is to enable Haloscan comment moderation that many blogs use. Now I better understand why using moderation before allowing a comment to post has become customary.

A lesson learned.