Friday, March 07, 2008

Obama spokesman denounces Hillary is a monster

TalkLeft's Jeralyn:

As a follow-up to my earlier post about Samantha Power and surrogates gone wild, Drudge reports Barack Obama has renounced and rejected his senior foreign policy advisor's remark to a Scottish newspaper that Hillary Clinton is a monster.

Matt Drudge published a headline from Obama's campaign spokesman Bill Burton that states the senator "decries such characterizations which have no place in this campaign." Jeralyn reports that the only place the denunication appears is on the Drudge Report.

How is it that Matt Drudge got the scoop from the Obama camp before anyone else?

UPDATE: Via Salon, Samantha Power has resigned. The Obama campaign released her resignation letter:

With deep regret, I am resigning from my role as an advisor in the Obama campaign effective today. Last Monday, I made inexcusable remarks that are at marked variance from my oft-stated admiration for Senator Clinton and from the spirit, tenor, and purpose of the Obama campaign. And I extend my deepest apologies to Senator Clinton, Senator Obama, and the remarkable team I have worked with over these long 14 months.