Monday, January 08, 2007

Gone paintin'

I haven't blogged for quite some time because life happens. Still, I missed blogging about some major turn of events.

I missed participating in the jubilation over Democrats taking back the majority in Congress. Thank, God!

I missed wishing folks, Happy New Year! I guess it isn't too late to wish everyone the best in 2007.

I missed giving attention to the history-making news of America's first Madam Speaker, Nancy Pelosi...and that's a crying shame. I did manage to watch her swearing-in ceremony. That was something to witness.

I missed blogging about Kitt Cherry's new book releases, Hide and Speak, a coming out guide, and her brilliant, breakthrough novel, Jesus in Love. Click the links to find out more.

Sadly, I just haven't had time to address countless other newsworthy subjects. Why?

I'm currently painting new oils for a sacred art show opening May 12 at the JHS Gallery in Taos, NM. That's my priority now so blogging will have to be sporadic if I post comments at all until after the May exhibition. If I can, I'll post some pics of the new art I'm creating.

See you soon. Until then, do what you can to stop the escalation of Bush's War in Iraq. Let's start bringing the troops home. Now. As Molly Ivins said, "it's up to us. You and me."

In the meantime...

Peace.